Send Change of Address Cards to:
- Credit Card Companies
- Schools and Colleges
- Government Agencies
- Bank and Investment Services
- Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- Past and Present Employers
- Doctors/ Dentist
- Insurance Agent
Disconnect Utilities: Get refunds for any deposits made and advise where final bills are to be sent.
- Cable TV
- Water/Milk/Food Products
- Diaper Service
- Notify Post Office
Transfer Bank Accounts
- Savings (IRA’s, RRSP’s, other)
- Safe Deposit Box
Notify Insurance Companies
- Home Owners
- Check with insurance agent on coverage of life, car and household goods en route to new home.
Pick up Personal Items
- Dry Cleaning/ Shoe Repair
- Obtain school records for children
- Obtain birth and church records for all family members.
- Check to see if your will must be rewritten when moving across provincial or state boundaries.
- Obtain any legal records.
Obtain Medical Records
Have Medication Prescriptions Refilled or get prescription numbers.
Have car tuned up for trip
Leave keys and any necessary legal papers with your real estate agent
Make a list of your credit card numbers in case of emergency or theft
Pack Immediate Necessities Bag
- Medications for family and pets
- Kids favorite play things
- Change of clothes for all family members. Include a bathing suit.
- Legal papers/medical records