1. Price There are several reasons to be competitive in the market. A home that is priced well will have less time on the market and will typically sell at or near asking price. Most buyers will educate themselves by viewing many properties and look at a range of homes priced competitively. If you are not priced competitive in value as other homes viewed then it simply will not sell or will sell for less.
2. Terms Review your listing agreement with your Realtor, understand the terms of your agreement. Make sure that you understand the entire agreement prior to signing.
3. Condition Make sure that your home has been de-cluttered,neutralize and keep your home clean. Fix items that you are aware need to be repaired or replaced.
4. Location While this is something that we cannot change, there are times that we would need to compensate for the location. Such as backing to a busy street or freeway.
5. Exposure Make sure your hire a professional Realtor who understands marketing your home, having a for sale sign and be open to open houses.